Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Oh To Be Young Again!

So last night our 16 year old comes in to tell us good night and I remark to him that he is really looking good. (After football, he made it a priority to get fit for baseball and a big part of that was losing some weight.) As he's walking out of our room, he casually mentions that he had lost 14 pounds....14 pounds!!!...all in about one month. Of course, my first thought was, "this isn't fair". Then I remembered the workouts he was doing, the diet he was eating, and the fact that he had given up his favorite drink, gatorade. I must admit, it still didn't seem fair. After all, i've been consistently logging my food, keeping up with calories, and exercising on a regular basis since Christmas, and have lost only 10 pounds.



Then my very wise 16 year old says, "Dad, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle." My new "lifestyle" was not only effective, but healthy, AND a way of eating and exercising that I can follow the rest of my life.



The bad news is that I'm not 16 years old anymore. The good news is that I'm not 16 years old anymore. My healthy habits are having impact in my life and the lives of my family and friends. I can do this! You can do this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! I do not believe I've read anything like that before. So great to discover someone with a few original thoughts on this topic. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This website is something that's needed on
the web, someone with a bit of originality!

Also visit my web blog :: TruVisage Anti Aging formula